Right-click on the sound icon located on the bottom-right corner of your screen. Once you open the window, click Open Sound Settings. In the Sound Settings window, click Sound Control Panel. Within the Sound Control Panel, open the Playback tab.
- 1 Why is there no sound coming from my PC?
- 2 How do I turn on the sound on my laptop?
- 3 How do I get sound back on my computer?
- 4 How do I unmute my computer speakers?
- 5 How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
- 6 How do I take my laptop off mute?
- 7 Is there a mute button on a computer keyboard?
- 8 What does mute button look like?
- 9 How do you unmute an audio device?
- 10 Where is the sound key on computer keyboard?
- 11 How do I unmute my microphone on my keyboard?
- 12 What key is Fn?
- 13 How do you unmute a tab?
- 14 What is mute and unmute?
- 15 How do I unmute YouTube?
Why is there no sound coming from my PC?
Hardware problems can be caused by outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Make sure your audio driver is up to date and update it if needed. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling the audio driver (it will reinstall automatically). If that doesn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.
How do I turn on the sound on my laptop?
To resolve this, go to the Windows taskbar and right-click the speaker icon, select Open Sound Settings and enter audio preferences. In the Output section, click Manage Sound Devices. Select the Output device and click the Test button. Try for each of the audio devices you see until you hear audio.
How do I get sound back on my computer?
- Check your volume settings.
- Restart or change your audio device.
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers.
- Disable audio enhancements.
- Update the BIOS.
How do I unmute my computer speakers?
Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and then hit ‘Open volume mixer’. If there is a little red circle over the speaker icons, click on it to unmute your sound.
How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
- Check your cables and volume.
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default.
- Restart your PC after an update.
- Try a System Restore.
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter.
- Update your audio driver.
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
How do I take my laptop off mute?
- Click the “Speaker” icon at the lower-right corner of the taskbar next to the “Time” indicator to open the volume control.
- Check the volume levels to make sure they are not down all the way.
- Check the audio controls on the console of the laptop.
Keyboards have a dedicated key to mute sound from speakers. Even if they don’t come with special keys still have the function (fn) row of keys which double as controls for managing media. One of those keys will be able to mute the speakers. A similar key does not exist for muting the mic.
The “Mute” button looks like a microphone with a slash through it. Muting the call will turn off your iPhone’s microphone. You’ll still be able to hear the other person, but they won’t be able to hear you.
How do you unmute an audio device?
- On your desktop, click the Windows button to launch the start menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Click on Sound.
- From within sound settings, click on Device Properties under the Input title (make sure the correct microphone is selected in the drop down menu)
Where is the sound key on computer keyboard?
Whether you have a Mac or a PC, the volume control button is in the same place. The key for volume control on Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines is on the top row just right of the center on Windows-connected keyboards.
How do I unmute my microphone on my keyboard?
At the moment, the keyboard shortcut Win + Alt + K only works in Microsoft Teams and it can also be toggled by clicking on a microphone icon showing up in the system tray. Initially, this universal Windows 11 mute feature required users to manually click on the microphone icon on the taskbar.
What key is Fn?
Simply put, the Fn key used with the F keys across the top of the keyboard, provides short cuts to performing actions, such as controlling the brightness of the screen, turning Bluetooth on/off, turning WI-Fi on/off.
How do you unmute a tab?
To unmute them, right-click one of that site’s tabs and click “Unmute SIte.” In older versions of Google Chrome, you could just click on the speaker icon that appears on a tab that is playing audio. You’d see a line through it, and the tab would be muted. Now, you have to use the context menu option instead.
What is mute and unmute?
: to allow (something previously muted) to produce sound again : to stop muting (something) At the end of the commercial break, I unmuted the TV and leaned forward …— Camille Minichino.
How do I unmute YouTube?
While on your video page on the YouTube website, click on the speaker icon and it’ll unmute your video.