- Click the Settings button at the top-right of the Home Screen, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Sound. The Sound Preferences window opens.
- Modify your sound preferences, and then click Close.
- 1 How do I get sound back on my HP laptop?
- 2 Why is my HP laptop not playing sound?
- 3 How do I get the volume to work on my HP?
- 4 How do I take my HP laptop off mute?
- 5 Why my laptop sound is not working?
- 6 How do I restore sound on my laptop?
- 7 Where is Fn key on HP laptop?
- 8 How do I get sound on my computer?
- 9 Why did my HP laptop speakers suddenly stop working?
- 10 How do I enable internal speakers on my HP laptop?
- 11 How do I unmute my HP speakers?
- 12 Where is mute button on HP laptop?
- 13 Where is mute button on laptop?
- 14 How do I enable sound on my laptop?
- 15 What is F5 key on HP laptop?
How do I get sound back on my HP laptop?
- Restart your computer.
- In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems, and click Next.
Why is my HP laptop not playing sound?
Make sure your audio device is set as default 1) Right click the volume icon at the bottom right corner, and click Playback devices. 2) Check your audio device in the Playback tab. Make sure there’s a green check next to your audio device, and that shows that your audio device is the default playback device.
How do I get the volume to work on my HP?
How do I take my HP laptop off mute?
Click the “Speaker” icon at the lower-right corner of the taskbar next to the “Time” indicator to open the volume control. Click on the “Mute” button in the lower-left corner to turn the sound back on.
Why my laptop sound is not working?
Check to make sure your audio devices aren’t muted and haven’t been disabled. Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted.
How do I restore sound on my laptop?
- Check your volume settings.
- Restart or change your audio device.
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers.
- Disable audio enhancements.
- Update the BIOS.
Where is Fn key on HP laptop?
Locate the Function (Fn) key on your keyboard. The most likely location for this key is at the left bottom side next to the Ctrl key. The letters “Fn” will probably be shaded a different color than the rest of the keyboard, a common color being blue.
How do I get sound on my computer?
- Right-click the Volume icon in the notification area.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Playback Devices.
- Select a playback device, such as your PC’s speakers.
- Click the Configure button.
- Click the Test button.
- Close the various dialog boxes; you passed the test.
Why did my HP laptop speakers suddenly stop working?
Update Audio Driver Outdated Audio Drivers of your System can be the main cause behind the audio on your HP laptop not working. You can try and update the drivers, and see if it fixes the issue or not.
How do I enable internal speakers on my HP laptop?
Using the left and right arrow keys, select the Security tab, and then select Device Security. Next to System Audio, select Device is available. Go to the Advanced, and then select Device Options. Next to Internal Speaker, select Enabled.
How do I unmute my HP speakers?
The volume control can be opened by clicking the “Speaker” icon in the lower-right corner of the taskbar next to the “Time” indicator. The sound can be turned back on by clicking on the “Mute” button in the lower-left corner.
Method One: Mute in Windows In Windows, click the sound icon (looks like a speaker) in the Windows Notification Area of the Taskbar. In the small window that appears, check the Mute box or click the sound icon below or next to the volume to mute the sound. To un-mute it later, use the same procedure.
How do I enable sound on my laptop?
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
What is F5 key on HP laptop?
The F5 key is a function key found at the top of almost all computer keyboards. The key is most often used to refresh a web page in an Internet browser.