Hello and welcome to my new tutoriel in Procreatethedrawing app for iPad. Today I teach you how to add colors in procreate ? This article is for everyone illustrators professionals or amateurs He drew…
Where are the colors in the app?
To access colors in Procreate, you need to click on the colored dot at the top right of your screen. This is right next to the layer stack.
Clicking it opens the Colors panel. It consists of 5 different tabs:
- Disc: this tab shows you the circle chromatic
- Classic: Here you can choose your color playing with his dyeits saturation and light
- Harmony: In this tab you can create color harmonies. To see the different types of harmony, click “Complementary” at the top of your Colors panel, and the other options will appear, namely: Complementary Adjacent, Analogous, Triadic, Tetradic.
- Value: here you can set a color according to its hue, its saturation, its light, its RGB (Red Green Blue) code, and according to its hexadecimal code (very practical when you have to follow a graphic chart for example).
- palettes This is where your palettes are (by default, Procreate offers 3), and we’ll see that how to add colors in procreate. You can display your palettes in two ways: Compact or Maps, by clicking the buttons at the top of the Panel. A small + at the top right allows you to create new ones, we’ll see how.
In each of the tabs, except the palette, you can see the history of the last 10 used colors, as well as the default color palette. In my case, for example, it is the palette of my client “Voloniia” that is shown by default. If you are a professional, I recommend creating your client’s palettes so that you can use them more easily.
How to add colors in Procreate?
we just saw how to create new colors thanks to the first 4 tabs of the Color Panel. Now let’s see how to save them.
- Go to the Palettes tab
- Click the + at the top right
- Choose the first option “Create a new palette”
- This appears. You can rename it by clicking directly on its name.
- To see it appear in the other color panel tabs, click the three dots to the right of your palette and choose “set as default”
- Go to the other tabs and create your first color.
- For add your color to your paletteyou just need to click on a square on your palette.
- Keep doing this until you’ve added all the colors you need.
There you are, now you know how to add colors in procreate.
There are other methods to create your Color Palettes, if you want to go further I invite you to read my article How to import a color palette to Procreate. I explore the different techniques for add colors in procreate palettes.
Thank you for visiting, I hope you enjoyed this article! 😉 Feel free to share or comment on it.