Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
- 1 How do I change the default printer on my laptop?
- 2 Why can’t I make my printer the default printer?
- 3 Should my printer be set as default?
- 4 How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
- 5 Where do I find the printer control panel?
- 6 How do I access my HP printer control panel?
- 7 How do I change my printer settings permanently?
- 8 Where is the printer menu?
- 9 How do I open my HP printer assistant?
- 10 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 11 How do I set up HP wireless printer?
- 12 Where is the HP ePrint icon on your printer?
- 13 How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- 14 Where are default printer settings stored?
- 15 How do I set up a printer?
How do I change the default printer on my laptop?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
Why can’t I make my printer the default printer?
You do this by clicking the Windows “Start” button, selecting “Devices and Printers” to launch the printer configuration window and right-clicking the icon for the printer that you wish to make the default printer. Click “Set as default printer” from the context menu.
Should my printer be set as default?
From time to time you may need to start printing from a new printer. This can happen because of a desk or office move or because of a network change. For efficiency, you should set your default printer to the one you use most often or the one that is most convenient.
How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
- Do one of the following: Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer properties.
- Click any tab to view and change the printer property settings.
Where do I find the printer control panel?
- On the desktop screen, move your cursor to the upper or lower right corner. The menu bar will appear on the right edge of the Desktop screen.
- Click [Settings] – [Control Panel] – [Hardware and Sound] – [Devices and Printers].
How do I access my HP printer control panel?
On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings. If your printer control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
How do I change my printer settings permanently?
- On the [Start] menu, point to [Settings], and then click [Printers]. The [Printers] window appears.
- Click the icon of the printer you want to use.
- On the [File] menu, click [Properties].
- Make the settings you require, and then click [OK].
Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Devices and Printers” to view all of the printers installed on the system. The default printer, which is the one initially selected in applications and used for “quick print” operations, is marked with a green check mark.
How do I open my HP printer assistant?
Double-click the printer icon on the desktop to open Printer Assistant. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click your printer in the list of results to open Printer Assistant.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
You need to ensure your HP printer has enough paper, ink, or toner, and it is not stuck on paper jam. Also, check the status of your printer cartridge and try replacing it with a new one if it is not good enough. In some cases, your HP printer stops printing after you replace its parts.
How do I set up HP wireless printer?
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the name of your network, and then enter the password to complete the connection. Note:
Where is the HP ePrint icon on your printer?
The HP ePrint icon is usually located on the control panel display of your printer. If your printer has a control panel with a display, make sure the printer is turned on and is not in sleep mode, then press the HP ePrint icon, and follow the on-screen instructions to enable or setup Web Services.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
Wi-Fi printers Go to the Start menu and click Settings, Devices, then Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner and wait for your printer to appear in the list, then select it and hit Add device. If Windows doesn’t find your printer, select The printer that I want isn’t listed and follow the instructions.
Where are default printer settings stored?
Every printer stores all of it’s settings in the DEVMODE structure and stores the DEVMODE structure in the registry. The DEVMODE structure consists of a standard section and a printer specific section. The standard section (Windows DEVMODE) contains all of the common printer settings such as paper size and orientation.
How do I set up a printer?
- Plug in the printer’s power cable and make sure it’s turned on.
- Connect the included cable (usually a USB cable) from the printer to the computer.
- On your computer, locate the Printer settings.
- Look for the option to Add a printer, then follow the instructions that appear.