Put the DVD into your HP laptop’s DVD drive and close it. It should automatically play when you do, but if not, select Media > Open Disc and in the corresponding menu, select the DVD tab. Your drive should be auto-selected, but if not, use the drop-down menu to select your DVD drive. Select Play.
- 1 Why won’t my HP laptop play a DVD?
- 2 Can you play a DVD on a notebook?
- 3 How do I play a DVD on my HP laptop Windows 10?
- 4 Why DVD is not detected?
- 5 Why is my DVD not showing in my computer?
- 6 How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- 7 Why wont Windows Media Player play my DVD?
- 8 Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
- 9 How do I open my DVD on my computer?
- 10 How do I find my DVD player on Windows 10?
- 11 How do I find my DVD drive in Windows 10?
- 12 Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
- 13 Where is the Windows Media Player?
- 14 How do I activate media player in Windows 10?
- 15 Does HP laptop have CD drive?
Why won’t my HP laptop play a DVD?
Blu-ray or DVD movie discs do not play: Make sure the drive supports the disc type. If supported, install compatible movie playback software. Go to DVD playback options for Windows (in English) for more information. Discs burned on a different computer do not play: Burn the disc again using another brand of blank disc.
Can you play a DVD on a notebook?
You can no longer play a DVD on your PC and laptop, even if your device still has a disk drive. If you upgraded from high-tiered versions of Windows 7 or 8.1, you may still have a native program in the form of Windows DVD Player, but it will be impossible for everyone else unless you install a third party program.
How do I play a DVD on my HP laptop Windows 10?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Why DVD is not detected?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
Why is my DVD not showing in my computer?
Restart the computer and Windows should auto-detect the drive and reinstall the drivers for you. If your hardware is not even showing up in the Device Manager, then you may actually have a hardware problem, such as a faulty connection or a dead drive. It’s worth checking this option out if the computer is old.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- Insert the DVD. To play a DVD on your computer you must first have a DVD drive and compatible DVD decoder installed onto your system.
- Start the Media Player program.
- Select the “Now Playing” tab.
- Choose the movie.
- Watch the movie.
Why wont Windows Media Player play my DVD?
Playing DVD with Windows Media Player on Windows 8, 10 Unlike Windows 7, Windows 8 and 10 do not support movie DVDs with the built-in program, although data DVDs are still compatible. To watch a movie DVD, you will need to download a third-party program to perform Windows Media Player DVD decode.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. Microsoft has published a new DVD player to fill this vacancy. But it receives low rating due to some serious errors.
How do I open my DVD on my computer?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I find my DVD player on Windows 10?
In the navigation menu on the left side of Windows Media Player, you may see your DVD show up. Select it, and try to play it. If your computer came with a pre-installed DVD decoder, the DVD may play.
How do I find my DVD drive in Windows 10?
- Open System Information.
- In the System Information window, click the + symbol next to Components.
- If you see “CD-ROM,” click it once to display the CD-ROM in the left window. Otherwise, click “+” next to “Multimedia” and then click “CD-ROM” to see the CD-ROM information in the left window.
Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
VideoLan VLC Media Player – Best for a free DVD player for Windows 10 and Mac.
Where is the Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
How do I activate media player in Windows 10?
In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.
Does HP laptop have CD drive?
Hewlett-Packard laptop computers generally include a CD/DVD drive built right into your PC.