How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8.1 without CD? Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new.
- 1 How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without a disk?
- 2 Can you factory reset a laptop without disc?
- 3 How do I reset my computer to factory settings without a Windows CD?
- 4 How do I wipe everything off my laptop Windows 8?
- 5 How do I factory reset my computer Windows 8 without a password?
- 6 How do I factory reset my computer with command prompt?
- 7 How do you master reset a laptop?
- 8 How do I reboot my laptop without a disk?
- 9 How do I restore my laptop without a factory reset?
- 10 How do you completely wipe a computer?
- 11 How do I reinstall Windows that won’t boot?
- 12 How do I restart Windows 8 from boot?
- 13 How do you wipe a computer without the administrator password?
- 14 How do you Reset a computer when you don’t know the password?
- 15 How do I force my computer to factory reset?
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without a disk?
- Boot into your Windows 8/8.1.
- Go to Computer.
- Go to the main drive, e.g. C: This is the drive where your Windows 8/8.1 is installed on.
- Create a new folder, called Win8.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder.
- Copy the install.wim file from the Source folder.
Can you factory reset a laptop without disc?
If no install CD or DVD is available, you can boot into Safe Mode and run System Restore. Before you begin, note that you can’t undo a restore if you run it from Safe Mode. Or, you can run System Restore via the System Recovery Options menu: Turn the computer and press the F8 key as above.
How do I reset my computer to factory settings without a Windows CD?
Method 1: Reset your computer from your recovery partition 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time to open the File Explorer. 2) Right-click Computer, then select Manage. 3) Click Storage, then Disk Management. 4) Check if you have a recovery partition on your computer.
How do I wipe everything off my laptop Windows 8?
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I factory reset my computer Windows 8 without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I factory reset my computer with command prompt?
- Go to the Start menu search bar, type in ‘command prompt,’ and run it as administrator.
- In the Command prompt, type systemreset –factoryreset.
- Select the Keep my files and Remove everything option.
- Finally, click on Reset to begin the process.
How do you master reset a laptop?
Reset the laptop Go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Recovery. At the top of the window, you’ll see Reset this PC. Click on Get Started and select Remove Everything from the box that appears. From there, you can select to reinstall Windows from the local drive or download from the cloud.
How do I reboot my laptop without a disk?
How to Reboot a Laptop. Rebooting a computer simply means to restart it. If you’re using Microsoft Windows, you can click the “Start Menu,” click the “Power” button and click “Restart” in the submenu to restart your computer.
How do I restore my laptop without a factory reset?
You can do this by using the boot option menu when you start the PC. To gain access to this, go to the Start Menu > Power Icon > and then hold down Shift whilst clicking the Restart option. You can then, go to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files to do what you ask.
How do you completely wipe a computer?
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I reinstall Windows that won’t boot?
- Try Windows Safe Mode.
- Check Your Battery.
- Unplug All Your USB Devices.
- Turn Off Fast Boot.
- Check Your Other BIOS/UEFI Settings.
- Try a Malware Scan.
- Boot to Command Prompt Interface.
- Use System Restore or Startup Repair.
How do I restart Windows 8 from boot?
- Please press Alt + F10 (or SHIFT + F8, F12, etc) key combination as soon as possible after hitting on Power button, and it will bring up the Choose an option window.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Reset your PC.
- Press Next.
- Select Just remove my files.
How do you wipe a computer without the administrator password?
- Turn your PC and wait for the login screen to appear.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Power options.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
- Your PC will now restart and enter the Windows Recovery Environment.
How do you Reset a computer when you don’t know the password?
Boot your computer and immediately press on the F8 key repeatedly until your computer displays the boot menu. With the arrow keys, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key. On the home screen click on Administrator. If you have no home screen, type Administrator and leave the password field as blank.
How do I force my computer to factory reset?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.