To activate this feature, select ‘View > Left Panel’ from the Evernote menu (or use the F10 shortcut). The slender sidebar retains all the key navigation elements of the full sidebar, so you can quickly find a specific notebook or tag by clicking on its respective icon.
- 1 How do I set a default notebook in Evernote?
- 2 How do I change view in Evernote?
- 3 How do I organize everything in Evernote?
- 4 How do I delete a default notebook in OneNote?
- 5 How do I add a widget to Evernote?
- 6 Can I hide a notebook in Evernote?
- 7 How do I change themes in Evernote?
- 8 How do I merge notebooks in Evernote?
- 9 Which is better OneNote or Evernote?
- 10 Is it worth paying for Evernote?
- 11 How do I keep my project notes organized?
- 12 What is a notebook stack in Evernote?
- 13 How do you use Evernote efficiently?
- 14 Where are OneNote notebooks stored?
- 15 How do I free up space on my OneNote?
How do I set a default notebook in Evernote?
- Click Notebooks from the left panel.
- Next to the notebook you’d like to set as your default, click the options button (three dots).
- Click Set as default notebook from the pop-up menu.
How do I change view in Evernote?
Customize Note Views in Evernote In the upper-right corner of the Notebooks screen, you can toggle between List View and Grid View.
How do I organize everything in Evernote?
- Assign notes to notebooks.
- Use tags for more comprehensive organization.
- Group similar notebooks together with notebook stacks.
- Use shortcuts to access frequently used content.
- Schedule periodic cleanups.
How do I delete a default notebook in OneNote?
- Go to your OneDrive account and navigate to the notebook that you want to delete (it’s likely stored in Files > Documents).
- Right-click the name of the notebook, and then select Delete.
How do I add a widget to Evernote?
- Find an empty space on your home screen and long press.
- Tap Widgets.
- Locate the Evernote widget options.
- Press and hold the widget of your choice and drag it to your home screen.
Can I hide a notebook in Evernote?
Located in Evernote’s menu bar, under View , are the menu options Customize Toolbar and Sidebar Options. Here is where you are able to change the look and layout of the top toolbar options (such as where the search bar is) as well as show and hide various notes and notebooks that appear on the left side of the screen.
How do I change themes in Evernote?
Open Evernote. Tap the menu button (three horizontal lines) to open the menu. Find Dark Theme in the menu, then toggle the switch. It should be green when the dark theme is enabled.
How do I merge notebooks in Evernote?
- Hold down Ctrl on Windows or Cmd on Mac, and click on the notes you’d like to merge.
- Select the Merge button (combined arrows) in the blue box that appears at the bottom of Evernote.
Which is better OneNote or Evernote?
While OneNote is by no means unpleasant to use, Evernote is more user-oriented. Its search and organization are better handled. Plus, its time-saving features — such as templates and different note types — make using Evernote for taking notes and work a more intuitive and personalized experience in general.
Is it worth paying for Evernote?
Evernote Premium is a capable tool that offers plenty of helpful features. However, whether Evernote Premium is right for you depends on your needs and budget. In terms of pure functionality, most of Evernote Premium’s features are nice-to-haves rather than essentials.
How do I keep my project notes organized?
- Take a Breath. Feeling scattered is normal when your notes are not organized, so take a breath.
- Choose Your Method.
- Ask Questions.
- Use Visual Cues.
- Record Main Points.
- Write Down Important Headings.
- Include Relevant Quotes.
- Remember That Your Thoughts Matter.
What is a notebook stack in Evernote?
How do you use Evernote efficiently?
- Personalize your Home layout.
- Customize the create button.
- Create reusable note templates.
- Put shortcuts in the sidebar.
- Save searches for quick reference.
- Use tags to organize beyond notebooks.
- We’re all evolving—together.
Where are OneNote notebooks stored?
By default, OneNote saves your notebooks to OneDrive or, if you choose to create a local notebook (not an option available on OneNote for Mac), your Windows Documents folder.
How do I free up space on my OneNote?
Close unused notebooks and restart OneNote If you need to free up local storage space immediately, closing any cloud-based notebook and then restarting the app will remove the locally cached version of that notebook content.