Welcome to this new tutorial for illustrators, designers and lovers of He drew wanting to learn how to use procreate request ! 🙂 Today we will see how to make a mandala in procreate ?
So how do you make a mandala in Procreate?
You want to explore the features of Procreate and all the possibilities it offers application offers in terms of creativity. Among them, the possibility of create a mandala.
What is a mandala?
First, let us define the term mandala.
Mandala is a Sanskrit term meaning ” circle“. She is a ” geometric representation and symbolic of the universe. This term is used for “any circular representation organized around a center”, it is an invitation to travel. (source: Karamandala).
Below are examples of Mandalas I made with Procreate : the plant world, marine life, love in all its forms, psychedelic trips and wild animals. You can find them on my website steliegraphie.com.
now let’s see how to create a mandala in procreate 🙂
How to make a mandala in Procreate?
Procreate offers countless possibilities in terms of support and creation. Among them, that of being assisted by a drawing guide. So :
- Go to the Actions panel,
- Click Drawing Guide to activate it.
- Then click Edit Drawing Guide, just below
- Go to the Symmetry tab, at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click on Options, you are offered several possibilities:
- the vertical and horizontal guide will allow you to create symmetry along the vertical and horizontal axis (I already explained it to you in my article How to duplicate in Procreate).
- For our part, today we will focus on the following two options: Quadratic and Radial. The Quadratic option will allow you to divide your screen into 4. Radial will divide your screen into 8 parts. I recommend that you select this option (it’s the one I used to make my mandalas above).
- You then have the possibility to activate the option ” rotational symmetry“. I personally like to enable this option, but it is not necessary. I encourage you to test yourself to better understand and apprehend this option and the representation it offers.
- By default, the center of your symmetry is placed at the center of your canvas. You can move it by selecting it.
- At the top of the screen, a colored line gives you the option to choose the color of your drawing guide.
- Once everything is fine for you, click OK at the top right of your screen.
- Go to your cape. Click on it and select the “Drawing Wizard” option.
- It’s ok, your drawing guide is in place and the assist will reproduce your drawing on the other 8 parts of your canvas.
Now you can make your mandala. I let you explore all the possibilities offered by this wonderful tool!
When you’ve finished your work, don’t forget to backup.
There you are, now you know how to make a mandala in procreate ! I hope this article has been useful to you 🙂
See you soon for new creative adventures!