welcome to this new tutoriel to Procreate, the application of premium reference for ipad. Today I teach you how to circulate in procreate ?
How to make a circle in Procreate?
Are illustrator, designeror just a fan of He drewand today you want draw a circle in Procreate. There is currently no tool geometric form strictly speaking about Procreate and that’s why I’m going to show you how make a circle with a brush, and how draw a perfect circle.
How to make a circle with a stamp in Procreate?
The first option is to create a brush with a stamp. round.
To do this, go to your Brush Library:
- Click the + at the top right of the list
- Go to the 3rd tab “ way«
- By default, the proposed form is a round. However, if this is not the case for you, explore the library of forms and choose a round
- Then go to the grain tab and choose the “Blank” grain. Once again, it is proposed by default on my part.
- Finally, go to the Properties tab, then under “Brush Behavior”, push the Max Size to max
Your brush is now ready. Let’s move on to operations.
- Go back to your sheet, increase your brush size and press your sheet once – you draw a solid circle thanks to the seal of your brush. Now we wish, from this form, draw the outline of the circle uniquement.
- Duplicate your layer containing the circle
- Turn on the alpha lock on this second layer (click on it > Alpha Lock)
- Fill in this second circle blank.
- Click on the resize tool at the top of the screen (the slider)
- At the bottom left of your screen, activate the Magnet > Magnetism button
- Resize your white circle, so the outlines of your first circle appear.
- Then go back to your white circle layer, click on it and click “select”
- Click on your first layer circle (purple for me), and click “delete”
- what, you have a perfect circle thanks to this technique!
How to draw a perfect circle with the pencil in Procreate?
There is another solution, in my opinion much simpler. to draw a circle in Procreate.
- Use the same brush but reduce its size. This should correspond to the size of the line that will surround the circle. As a reminder, you can go back to the brush settings and in the Properties tab reduce its maximum and minimum size until you get the size that works for you.
- With your pen, draw a circle and hold the pen down on the screen + tap a finger on the screen
- Their the circle will become a perfect circle thanks to this technique
- At the top, there is an “Edit Shape” button – you can modify it until it suits you.
There you are, now you know draw a perfect circle in Procreate.
How to make a square in Procreate?
I take this opportunity to also address this question, which is along the same lines as the previous one.
Follow the last option given to make a perfect circle : with your pencil, draw a square in Procreate. Hold down the stylus and your square will turn into a right quadrilateral. Also, press your finger on the screen and your quad will turn into perfect square !
Here the geometric forms in Procreate I have no secrets for you anymore 🙂 don’t hesitate to leave me your opinions about these techniques in the comments.
In the same category, I invite you to consult my article. How to make straight strokes in Procreate!