Welcome to this new tutorial for amateurs and professionals of He drew who want to improve their use of Procreate, THE reference drawing software for ipad. Today we are going to answer the question: How to copy a layer in Procreate ?
How to copy a layer in Procreate?
During your work, it can be useful copy one of your layers in Procreate, either to obscure what it contains, or to duplicate its content. In fact, copy/paste allows you to effortlessly reproduce work you’ve already done and, if necessary, replace it wherever you want to see it. Let’s take a closer look at the different options that Procreate offers and their specifics for each.
Use the duplicate tool
The easiest way to copy a layer in Procreate is to duplicate it. To do this, nothing could be easier: go to the layer to be copied, slide your finger to the left and 3 options will appear: Lock, double, Remove. Click on doublelike in the video below.
Copy a layer by copying/pasting
Another solution is copy and paste your layer. To do this, go to the layer in question. Click on it once: different options appear. Click “Copy”. Then go to the Action Panel, with the key, and then go to the first menu tab, “Add”, click “Paste”.
Use the clone tool
There is another way copy layer. This option is most useful if you want copy an area of your layer. To do this, use the tool Clone :
- Go to the area of the layer to copy
- Next, go to the Settings Panel (magic wand) and click Clone
- Place the lens on the area of the layer to be copied
- Create a new layer or go to the layer that should receive the copy
- Apply your pencil to the area you want to cover with the cloned design
This can be very handy if you want to reproduce a material, a pattern, a fill.
Copy a selection from your layer
Finally, you can also copy a selection from its layer. So :
- Make your selection using the selection tool (in the form of S)
- Once you have made your selection, press the button at the bottom: ” Copy and paste«
- A new layer was created automatically, with your selection pasted.
There you are, now you know how to copy a layer in procreate. I hope this article has been useful to you! Feel free to check my other articles about Procreate 🙂