Put the DVD into your HP laptop’s DVD drive and close it. It should automatically play when you do, but if not, select Media > Open Disc and in the corresponding menu, select the DVD tab. Your drive should be auto-selected, but if not, use the drop-down menu to select your DVD drive. Select Play.
- 1 Why won’t my HP laptop play a DVD?
- 2 Can you play a DVD on a notebook?
- 3 How do I view a DVD on my laptop?
- 4 How do I play a DVD on my HP with Windows 10?
- 5 Why won’t my laptop play a DVD?
- 6 How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- 7 Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
- 8 How do I find my DVD drive on Windows 10?
- 9 Why DVD is not detected?
- 10 How do you get a DVD to play?
- 11 What program do I need to play a DVD on my computer?
- 12 Where is the Windows Media Player?
- 13 Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
- 14 How do I get my DVD to play automatically?
- 15 How do I open the CD drive on my HP desktop?
Why won’t my HP laptop play a DVD?
Blu-ray or DVD movie discs do not play: Make sure the drive supports the disc type. If supported, install compatible movie playback software. Go to DVD playback options for Windows (in English) for more information. Discs burned on a different computer do not play: Burn the disc again using another brand of blank disc.
Can you play a DVD on a notebook?
You can no longer play a DVD on your PC and laptop, even if your device still has a disk drive. If you upgraded from high-tiered versions of Windows 7 or 8.1, you may still have a native program in the form of Windows DVD Player, but it will be impossible for everyone else unless you install a third party program.
How do I view a DVD on my laptop?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How do I play a DVD on my HP with Windows 10?
- Open PowerDVD.
- Insert a movie disc (DVD or Blu-Ray) into the disc drive on your computer.
- Click the Movie tab on the PowerDVD menu and click the arrow in the tab to display the drop down menu, then select the device that contains the movie disc.
- The movie loads into the computer and starts playing.
Why won’t my laptop play a DVD?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- Insert the DVD. To play a DVD on your computer you must first have a DVD drive and compatible DVD decoder installed onto your system.
- Start the Media Player program.
- Select the “Now Playing” tab.
- Choose the movie.
- Watch the movie.
Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
Unlike Windows 7, Windows 8 and 10 do not support movie DVDs with the built-in program, although data DVDs are still compatible. To watch a movie DVD, you will need to download a third-party program to perform Windows Media Player DVD decode.
How do I find my DVD drive on Windows 10?
- Open System Information.
- In the System Information window, click the + symbol next to Components.
- If you see “CD-ROM,” click it once to display the CD-ROM in the left window. Otherwise, click “+” next to “Multimedia” and then click “CD-ROM” to see the CD-ROM information in the left window.
Why DVD is not detected?
If there is no CD/DVD drive listed in BIOS, the problem is probably hardware related. Go to Test for optical drive hardware failure. If a CD/DVD drive name is listed in BIOS, the BIOS recognizes the device and the problem is most likely software-related. Go to Check the CD/DVD drive name in Device Manager.
How do you get a DVD to play?
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
What program do I need to play a DVD on my computer?
Launch Windows Media Player with your DVD inserted. In the navigation menu on the left side of Windows Media Player, you may see your DVD show up. Select it, and try to play it. If your computer came with a pre-installed DVD decoder, the DVD may play.
Where is the Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
VideoLan VLC Media Player – Best for a free DVD player for Windows 10 and Mac.
How do I get my DVD to play automatically?
- Open the “Settings” app and click on the “Devices” icon.
- Click on “Autoplay” on the left side and switch on “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices”.
How do I open the CD drive on my HP desktop?
Straighten the paper clip and insert it into the manual release hole until resistance is felt. Press in gently on the paper clip until the tray is released. Releasing the lock will allow the tray to open a small distance. Remove the paper clip and gently pull out the drawer until the disc is accessible.