- Click the “Start” button in the lower left hand corner of your laptop screen.
- Select “Hardware and Sound” from the menu in the open Control Panel window.
- Move the volume slider control up or down to adjust the volume to the correct level.
- 1 How do I get my volume button to work on my Dell laptop?
- 2 Why is my Dell laptop volume not working?
- 3 How do I unmute my Dell laptop volume?
- 4 Why is my volume not working?
- 5 How do I enable the volume buttons on my keyboard?
- 6 How do I get the volume buttons to work on my keyboard?
- 7 Where is speaker on Dell laptop?
- 8 How do I unmute my laptop?
- 9 How do I unmute my Dell microphone?
- 10 How do I turn on my microphone on my Dell computer?
- 11 Why is my volume not working on my laptop?
- 12 How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
- 13 How do I enable speakers in Windows 10?
- 14 How do you turn the volume up on a laptop computer?
- 15 How can I add volume to my laptop?
- Look for a row of buttons along the top or bottom of your keyboard.
- Look for a pair of keys on the keyboard with speaker-shaped icons as described in the previous step.
- Press and hold the “Fn” key and then tap the “PgDn” key — or the key with the speaker-shaped icon — until the volume is reduced to a suitable level.
Why is my Dell laptop volume not working?
If your audio driver is corrupted with your system, you’re likely to have the no sound on your Dell laptop. You can uninstall and reinstall the audio driver and your input/output device driver to fix it. 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
How do I unmute my Dell laptop volume?
The mute button is located above the F4 and F5 buttons on the keyboard. Press the mute button once if you don’t notice any sound or music; this should unmute the sound if it was previously muted.
Why is my volume not working?
Check your volume settings Right-click on the sound icon located on the bottom-right corner of your screen. Once you open the window, click Open Sound Settings. In the Sound Settings window, click Sound Control Panel. Within the Sound Control Panel, open the Playback tab.
Just check your laptop’s keyboard for any F keys (on the top row) with a speaker icon next to them. For instance, you might have to simultaneously press the Fn + F8 keys to increase the laptop volume on the keyboard shown below. To turn down the volume, press the Fn + F7 keys at the same time.
Do all the other keys on the keyboard work? In case of laptops, check if the built-in keyboard works and also verify if the volume keys on it are working. You may have to use Fn + another key (for e.g. Fn + F11 or F12) for controlling the volume.
Where is speaker on Dell laptop?
On a Dell all-in-one computer, the speaker, headphone, or line-out connector are located at the back or the side of the computer.
How do I unmute my laptop?
How do I unmute my Dell microphone?
- Locate the Dell Audio icon in the Windows System Tray or Control Panel.
- Click or Tap the Dell Audio icon to open the utility.
- On the Main Tab, under the Volume category, select the option to mute the microphone array.
How do I turn on my microphone on my Dell computer?
In Windows go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording. Select the laptop microphone as the default, click on ‘properties’ box, in the general tab – device usage, select use this device (enable) click Apply.
Why is my volume not working on my laptop?
Check to make sure your audio devices aren’t muted and haven’t been disabled. Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted.
How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
- Check your cables and volume.
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default.
- Restart your PC after an update.
- Try a System Restore.
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter.
- Update your audio driver.
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
How do I enable speakers in Windows 10?
Right click on the volume icon on the taskbar, and look at your options. You should have volume mixer, and about 3/4 others. Go into these, and make sure none are disabled or muted.
How do you turn the volume up on a laptop computer?
- Move the Device slider to adjust the system’s speaker volume up and down.
- For sounds played by Windows, such as a sound when you close an application (called system sounds), adjust the volume by moving the System Sounds slider.
How can I add volume to my laptop?
- Turn on your laptop.
- Double-click on the Volume icon represented by a speaker at the bottom-right of your system tray.
- Increase the volume coming out of your laptop’s speakers by moving the “Volume Control” lever up.
- Open Windows Media Player.