Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the HP Computer Setup opens. Under the Main menu, use the down arrow key to select Restore Defaults. Select Yes to load the default settings.
- 1 How do I boot into settings?
- 2 How do I open the startup menu on my HP?
- 3 How do I change Windows startup settings?
- 4 How do I get to Windows startup settings?
- 5 How do I reset my HP laptop boot menu?
- 6 How do I restore my HP desktop to factory settings?
- 7 How do I get to the boot menu on my HP laptop Windows 10?
- 8 How do I reset my HP laptop BIOS?
- 9 What does Enable boot Logging do?
- 10 How do I fix my computer couldn’t start properly?
- 11 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 12 How do I get to advanced startup options?
- 13 How do I open the boot menu?
- 14 How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without logging in?
- 15 How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without a disk?
How do I boot into settings?
All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”. Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.
- Turn on or restart the HP computer.
- Press “Esc” or “F9” immediately to enter the Boot Menu.
- Wait for the HP boot menu to show up.
How do I change Windows startup settings?
- Click “Start” on your Windows taskbar, click “Run,” type “msconfig” (without the quotes) into the dialog box and hit “Enter.”
- Click on the “Startup” tab to reveal the programs in the Startup list.
- Check the box next to each program that you wish to start with the operating system.
How do I get to Windows startup settings?
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Under PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
- Click on the Start menu and choose the “Settings” option. This looks like a cog wheel, and it is where you will access all of the major settings on your laptop.
- In the search bar, type “reset.”
- From there, choose the “Reset this PC” option once the results have popped up.
How do I restore my HP desktop to factory settings?
From the Start screen, type reset to open the Search charm, and then select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search results. The Update and recovery window opens. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started. On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
Press F9 to open the Boot Menu. Use the down arrow key to select a device under the Legacy Boot Sources heading, and then press Enter. The computer starts Windows 10.
How do I reset my HP laptop BIOS?
Turn on the computer, and then click F10, until the BIOS opens. Under the Main tab, use the up and down arrow keys to select Restore Defaults. Select Yes. Under the Main tab, use the up and down arrow keys to select Save Changes and Exit.
What does Enable boot Logging do?
When Boot Logging is enable, Windows boots normally, until the device or driver that is causing the problem either crashes the system or completes starting up but causes an error message in the Event Log. While booting, Windows creates a log file that lists every step processed that is attempted and completed.
How do I fix my computer couldn’t start properly?
- Run the Startup Repair Tool.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Check for Missing or Corrupt System Files.
- Repair the Boot Configuration Data.
- Repair the Master Boot Record.
- Update Windows or Delete Recent Updates.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
Go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Recovery. At the top of the window, you’ll see Reset this PC. Click on Get Started and select Remove Everything from the box that appears. From there, you can select to reinstall Windows from the local drive or download from the cloud.
How do I get to advanced startup options?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.
When a computer is starting up, the user can access the Boot Menu by pressing one of several keyboard keys. Common keys for accessing the Boot Menu are Esc, F2, F10 or F12, depending on the manufacturer of the computer or motherboard. The specific key to press is usually specified on the computer’s startup screen.
How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without logging in?
- Boot your HP laptop.
- Press “F10” while booting it. When the black screen of the device is seen, press the key numerous times.
- Now, press “F9” in “BIOS”.
- You will see a confirmation dialog. Opt for “Yes”.
- Push the key for “F10”.
- Select “Save and Exit”.
- Your HP laptop will reboot now.
How do I restore my HP laptop to factory settings without a disk?
The first step is to turn your HP laptop on. You can also restart it if it is already on. Once it begins the booting process, keep clicking the F11 key until the computer boots to Recovery Manager. That is the software you will use to reset your laptop.